download eval of Visual MIBuilder
NuDesign’s Windows based MIB Builder application allows a user to design and modify an SMI v1/v2 (used in SNMP v1/v2c/v3) MIB in minutes. No background in ASN.1 notation is required, simply point and click. This powerful utility will import an existing MIB for modification or create a new one. A guaranteed time-saver for both experienced and new users. This application operates under Windows 11 / 10 / 8/8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server 2008 & 2003 , 32bit and 64bit versions.
Starting with release rev 5.1 NuDesign’s Visual MIB Builder provides for automatic conversion of SMIv2 MIB documents into RFC 6020 YANG documents. YANG is a data modeling language used to build configuration and state data models used by the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) protocol defined in RFC 6241 to remotely manipulate configurations and retrieve operational data of the device. Please read informational RFC 6244 “An Architecture for Network Management Using NETCONF and YANG” for top level overview of these capabilities.
Forthcoming code generation tools will provide OEM equipment vendors with capability to migrate their existing SNMP solutions into integrated NetConf / SNMP solutions capable of working with existing SNMP MIBs and new NetConf YANG models.
With Visual MIBuilder© you can:
- Cut development time.
- Build SMI v1 or SMI v2 MIBs fast.
- Create tables effortlessly.
- Copy and replicate objects in seconds using Drag ‘n Drop.
- Use dialog and check boxes to input object specifications easily, quickly, and accurately. (Screen Capture)
- Eliminate the frustration of MIBs that don’t compile.
- Quickly fix third party MIBs that do not compile.
- Eliminate the need to learn ASN.1 conventions.
- Create bullet-proof MIBs every time.
Visual MIBuilder® provides:
- Embedded Syntax checking (MIB Compiler.)
- Auto-loading of dependency MIBs.
- Text editing window to quickly pinpoint and fix errors in existing MIBs. (Screen Capture)
- Print your MIB as a tree for easy reference. (File Capture)
- Easy to use interface for all SMI v2 constructs (Module Identity, Module Compliance, Object Identity, Agent Capability).
- ASN.1 notation for each object with syntax highlighting. (Screen Capture)
- Definition of all objects in standard SMI v1 and SMI v2 MIBs.
- Easy reference to objects in Imported MIBs.
- Eliminates errors through easy user interface.
- Two stage syntax checking for elimination of syntax errors.
- Conformity with all ASN.1 conventions for SMI v1 and v2 MIBs.